Crown Relocations logo
Close search
Fitzroy Island, Australia

Over 670,000 British nationals visit Australia each year, all of which require a visa. All that stands between you the sun, the sand and the lifestyle is a visa for Australia and a quick 24 hour flight.

What do I need a visa for?

Before you start to apply you need to decide what exactly you need the visa for. Whether it be a holiday, working, studying or living in Australia, all require a visa specific to you.

Visas have a number requirements that you must meet in order to travel to Australia. They depend on the length of stay, passport nationality, your location and the purpose of your visit.

To see what visa you are eligible for click here.

How do I get a visa?

Applying for a visa is costly. The price can range from $10 (Australian dollars) if you are a tourist visiting for 3 months or less, to upwards of $3000. These fees can add up, even small things like using a credit card to apply can add a fee.

You can apply for a visa to Australia through our website here.

When do I need to apply for a visa?

A visa is generally available for a 12 month period, and will activate once you get there. What this means is that if you apply for a tourism visa (no longer than three months) once there you can stay for a maximum of three months. However you will have up to a year to arrive in Australia once it has been approved. If you apply for a working visa then you are eligible to stay for a maximum of 12 months.

You don’t need to have a plane ticket to purchase a visa. Airlines, cruise companies, travel agents and more all share similar technology that allows them to check your visa.

If you are looking to work, then you need to apply for a work visa for Australia. A skilled worker can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), which is an indication that you would like to apply for a skilled visa and has no fee. Through this you could be found and nominated by employers, or invited by the Australian government to lodge a visa application.

What else do I need to look out for?

Beware of scam advertisements offering to extend your visa. These can be in different forms including phone calls, internet advertisements, emails or by post. Some British nationals have claimed to work on farms using false information provided by these scams. To avoid this issue, never pay large fees upfront and always read through the contract/statement of service fees.

Finally, your passport needs to be valid for the duration of your stay. If you are just visiting Australia for tourism this is straight forward. However a visa for Australia can be complicated the longer you are looking to stay.

Join the Conversation

0 comment